Monday, May 9, 2011

'CLOTHESING' IN ON ME!
Jody came to save visit us and guess what she labeled me as...
a CLOTHES HOARDER!!!
The nerve, the audacity, so harsh but so
true.
pictures of my laundry room before she even arrived, I took these shots so I would motivate myself to work for the 'after' shot of an empty room-clothes washed & put away

in the picture below please notice the bins in the background  (she is also cleaning up baby boy at the same time while lecturing me)

 Little did I know that Jody would instead have me give them all away rather than waste my time in the laundry room.
 We gave away about 12 large, very full bags of clothes & shoes. She's tough I tell you. She wouldn't put up with any whining, whimpering, justification or pouting. No longer could I hold on to items that Amelia would grow into b/c no girl needs 3 of the same dresses & she would not allow me to hold onto any pants with the knees too worn (Summer hid her favorite jeans that had two big holes in the knees) I believe Summer & Tessa play on their knees during recess. She also would not let me hold on to any ugly t-shirts no matter what name brand they were. A friend with 2 girls was very happy to fill 2 trash bags of treasures & Goodwill got the rest. It was tough. It was real. It was tiring. But I hope to one day be a recovered clothes hoarder. 
 She did reward me with my favorite cookies
 and thee best chocolate cake ever...really, I mean it
and homemade chicken fried steak, it rocked so I advise you to pressure her to put all these recipes on her blog immediately.

Thanks for my new life nanny McJody. Although I still need you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's James who needs the Nanny for the food alone. Sorry James but it's back to Trader Joes soy corn dogs for you :) Im so impressed, now you can drive the green truck into the third garage! When will it be airing on TLC? hahahaha